And as usual, the closer the deadline comes to the chem exam, the more I learn in disciplines completely unrelated to chemistry...
Woke up this morning to my computer alarm, which has switched to They Might Be Giants' "Meet James Ensor (Belgium's Famous Painter)." Nice guys, They Might Be Giants. I'm told they played at Emory the year before this, which is sort of grating since this year we've had G-Love and Special Sauce and Ludacris at our band parties. Which really doesn't compare. At any rate, spent a good fifteen minutes learning about James Ensor this morning, and he really was an interesting guy. Not that I'd want to "dig him up and shake his hand," but entirely worthy of appreciation. And anti-pointellist, which is fun.
Now I need to put down my copy of Emergence, get a shower, and head over to the biology building with Wallrick, Ling, and Josue in hopes of finding Arri in his office and bothering him again about these DNA results. It would be nice if I'd had a few hours to spend going over them so that I'll be able to talk intelligently about these sequences of A's, G's, C's and T's, but it looks like I'll sort of just have to improvise based on the twenty minutes I spent yesterday linking blocks of code and seeing where the similarities lie. Very neat data, but I just haven't the time for it right now, which is too bad.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home