So here I am, Wednesday night, completely and finally done. It's a surreal feeling, having had this long series of finals and papers to write with almost no break between them, but... there's nothing to do.
And outside my window a rowdy bunch of (presumably drunken) sorority sisters are singing "A Whole New World" from Aladdin. Weird.
I've packed up my books for the most part, and started to go through the usual sorting of papers like at the end of every school year. I think I'll keep selected papers from biology and Spanish, but anything not a textbook from Portuguese and chemistry is going straight to the recycling pile. (The *very large* recycling pile.) I've got three days left in the room, so I don't really want to put too much away yet-- I could take the posters off the walls, I suppose, but that would be kind of depressing to look at for the next few days. So I suppose I'll just do some laundry and wait until my family comes down to actually do most of this moving. After all, it's not as though I have boxes to put a lot of this in. I actually don't know yet when I'll check out of Harris... it's tempting to keep the room as long as possible, just for the bed and the internet, but on the other hand, Jim's condo has a kitchen and bathroom and stuff. Decisions, decisions. This lack of internet thing is weighing heavy on me as the day draws nearer... I may have found something of a solution though, as I got an email yesterday about connecting to the Emory modem pool. So perhaps I will do that late at night, or in June when Jim's in Italy and Alaska and I'm the only one around to care about tying up the phone line. But still-- no more constant internet connection, no more T1 line... I think I'm going to go into withdrawal.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home