Friday, May 10, 2002

Technically, I suppose, I'm already 19.

But then, very technically I'm not, it's just my birthday already. Have to wait until 10:09 for that, according to my birth certificate, which I only read for the first time last August, or 10:10, according to my mom. I'm not sure which to trust, but I've always been told I was born on May 10th at 10:10 PM, so why change it now? Plus, it wouldn't sound as nice and alliterative the other way, anyway.

Prime numbers are nice. Nineteen especially, really. A good number. I have no idea why I think that, but it does appeal to me more than 18 or 20, or even 21, just as far as aesthetics go.

"I'm you're only friend
I'm not your only friend
but I'm a little glowing friend
but really I'm not actually your friend
but I am

There's a picture opposite me
of my primitive ancestry
which stood on rocky shores and kept the beaches shipwreck-free

Though I respect that a lot
I'd be fired if that were my job
after killing Jason off and countless screaming argonauts..."


What was that, you ask? Why, a long and pointless lead-in to this:
Hey, guess what?
"What Laura, what?"
They Might Be Giants are coming to Atlanta June 28th, and the concert's free!
"Cool!"
Yup. Becca and I are most definitely going. Further questions from the audience?
"Sure, I have one."
Shoot.
"Did you just learn the html code for bold and italics, and are now overusing them mercilessly for no other reason?"
Maybe.
"Thought so."
Oh, quiet, you.
"I resent that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home