IM Conversation from a few minutes ago:
Jake (5:44:53 PM): by the ways, what ever happened to your blog?
Laura (5:45:11 PM): it's on hiatus.
Jake (5:45:18 PM): meaning you forgot about it?
Jake (5:45:28 PM): or that you just don't care?
Laura (5:45:30 PM): I'm thinking of writing again over the upcoming break, but I just haven't had time
Jake (5:45:56 PM): see, what you're supposed to do is jot down every little thought that comes to you
Laura (5:46:00 PM): it was much easier over the summer, of course. but I got out of the habit during that month without the computer
Laura (5:46:04 PM): yeah, I know
Jake (5:46:10 PM): not long essays
Laura (5:46:37 PM): but I can't do that as easily
I concede the point, really. I have been meaning to start writing here again, but with schoolwork and lab work and my weekends filled up with tournaments (luckily.. I guess... the fall tournament season just ended), I just haven't gotten around to writing blog entries in the past... uh, two months. Which is unfortunate.
So. Jotting down random thoughts for the day, and then I'll either go study, go eat, or go to practice. Haven't decided which yet.
Thought: I got my copy of the Lord of the Rings extended DVD today. Hoorah.
Thought: My brother claims I've watched more cartoons in the past month than I did during the first 10 years of my life. He's probably right.
Thought: I wonder if I should put some stuff about how the Emory quizbowl team's been doing up here. Because the people who read this (or at least those who aren't on the E.A.T.) tend to ask me such things.
Thought: Maybe, but not right now.
Thought: Right now I'm going to have a cookie.
Thought: Chocolate chip. With caramel.
Thought: And maybe some milk.
Thought: I'm glad I bought milk. But it gets old too fast.
Thought: My brother's old enough to start driving now. Scary.
Thought: When will I get a car?
Thought: I'm babbling.
Thought: So I read La biblioteca de Babel today, and now I finally remember where I heard that idea before.
Thought: I should read more Borges.
Thought: I should be reading genetics.
Thought: In fact, I should be reading genetics now.
Thought: Hopefully no one will mind if I end this now.
Thought: I doubt it. No one's reading this anymore, and besides, this format got old about 10 lines ago.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home