8:45AM: Finish paper, though still slightly short.
Not quite enough time to shower before 9:30 class. Leave, print paper, grab muffin, head to orgo.
10:40AM
Spanish class, held today only in the conservation laboratory of the Carlos Museum. Actually pretty neat, though the grad student giving the presentation catches me seriously examining the various chemicals in the hood instead of the quipu we were supposed to be looking at. Oops.
11:40AM
Over to Cox for lunch with Jake. I continue to hold that you cannot "put up" your backpack when setting it at a table at the far end of the room. Accidentally picked up a Chick-Fil-A chicken biscuit, a concept I'd not previously encountered. Verdict: actually quite good. Spent the next half hour discussing foods I've never eaten, having not grown up in the south. Definites on the list included okra, country fried steak, cornbread with syrup, pork rinds (up until a week or two ago), grits, hominy (whatever the difference may be), banana pudding, and "northern beans". Anyone know if we have anything called northern beans up north?
1:30PM
Come back to room and crash, to sleep until practice.
6:05PM
Wake up to the faint sound of someone practicing the same section of music over and over again on a trumpet. Decide I can't really sleep through that. Get up around 6:30, get in the shower.
6:55PM
Realize Jake's left for practice already, so I might as well not rush. Dry hair some, do a quick search for my keys, go off to do some quizbowling until 9:00. Show off a bit on a bonus part by quoting "Ou sont les Niegdens de antent?" (Spelling all wrong there.) Instead of just saying "Snowden." But Where Are the Snowdens of Yesteryear is just so much more fun, ne?
9:15PM
Back in Turman in Jake's room, I remember we need to return the DVDs rented Saturday (Tron and Enter the Dragon). We go do that, then dinner at Chili's.
11:ish PM
Back in Jake's room again. I have work to do, several hours of human physiology work, in fact, but am very tired. Watch Jake game for a little while, curling up amongst the papers and books and stuff on his bed.
12:40 AM, maybe?
My back hurts, and there's a loud... something... up and right. Quit shaking me, you. Open an eye slightly, and it's Jake. Shut eyes again. Let me go back to sleep, dammit. Except... I don't get to go back to sleep. Meh. Are you awake? Mumble, mumble mrrphhhmm. Are you awaaaake? Mumble. Are you awake? (I guess he must mean me.) "Yes." Open your eyes, then. (Don't wanna...)
Finally wake up when Jake pulls papers out of my pocket and begins reading very, very Americanized Spanish to me. Can't find my glasses. Oh. I took them off for you. Here. (Nice Jake. If only you'd let me go back to sleep, you'd be... something. All warm and fuzzy. Ah. And speaking of warm and fuzzy, that reminds me of sleep.)
1:00AM
Pull myself together and out. Come back to room, read through the physiology assignment. Decide to do blogging first . . . no point in sleeping this little if I haven't the proof of it. Meanwhile, on IM, the world starts to go to bed. It's 2AM and I'm tired. So very tired... I've got to set my alarm for 5 or something and just work from then. Two all-nighters in a row is absurd and bad and something I'll no doubt regret, but my fingers are typing and I'm looking at them wondering what's making them do that, and this must be losing coherency like a sieve. You know, a sieve filled with finely powdered coherency. Am I trying to be that tired sounding? I don't think so. I'm going to go to bed now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home