Thursday, March 27, 2003

Definitely need to strike a better balance with these afternoon nap things

I'm not tired, but at Jake's insistence (and having just been kicked out of his room "for [my] own good,") I suppose I'll go try to sleep in a few minutes.

But before I do, I'm reading through Jen's blog, one of the growing list of sites that need to be checked nightly. It's a habit which I was so certain that I, in spite of the fact that everyone around me has daily checking, was not going to form, but which has crept up on me anyway with my read-through of the Sluggy archives, my growing dependence of Google news, Jake's nefarious plans to get me hooked on other web comics, and my discovery of Salam Pax's web log, which hasn't been updated since Monday . . . a matter of some concern, as he's writing from Baghdad. Unlike the usual annoyance with regular providers of web content who take a few days off, when he goes missing for a few days, he comes back to 300 emails afraid that his house has been bombed, or he's off in a prison cell somewhere being tortured for the "Support Democracy in Iraq" .gif on his page. In all likelihood he just doesn't have internet access at the moment, but one can't help wondering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home