Wednesday, March 19, 2003

I feel that I should keep up my streak of writing this week

but I'm hoping to get to bed by 11:00, so I'll make this short. Every so often I hit a day where I just can't deal with the world at all, and today was one of them. Last night I went to bed around 3, but slept only intermittently, waking up every 45 minutes or so between weird dreams. (At least one of them involved me travelling back a day to prevent myself from doing something, except that I forgot what it was, so instead I just spent the day with the other version of myself until we got bored with poking each other and checking whether we were both thinking the same things, and went to go surprise Jake.) When my alarm went off at 7:00, I found a pen clutched in my hand. I've no idea how that got there.

So by the time I'd gotten through organic chem and Spanish (highlight of the morning was when I unintentionally zoned out during the discussion on the fall of the Incan empire, got called on about something, and in an instant quizbowl reflex, went "uhhhh... Atahualpa. Huascar!"), I knew I couldn't make it through the lab which was supposed to go to 5:30. Got done with my molecular modelling class and headed back to Turman with a stop at Jake's room. Found myself sleepily mesmerized by the sight of him killing more parrots playing Anarchy Online, to the point where I just curled up and fell asleep for a few hours. Very relaxing, sleeping there . . . perhaps because I have none of the distractions found here in my own room. Whatever the reason, I slept better than I have in the past two days, which was comforting.

First strikes fired on Iraq a few hours ago. CNN continues to blather, but I'm not that interested. Should probably try to get in touch with Jim tomorrow and see whether he's getting shipped out, but for now, I think it's time for me to sleep some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home