Sunday, March 02, 2003

Sharing the joys of the Jump Off The Cliff Notes
never ceases to entertain me, year after year. I guess this would be the fourth class of Humanities III students I've brought the fine ABCs of The Scarlet Letter to, and even now I can recite most of it from memory... a fact that has served me well in quizbowl, as I not only remember that "A is for Hester the horrible whore/B is the baby she got the A for/C is old Chillingsworth, the husband betrayed/D is for Dimmesdale, the guy who got laid," but also that H is for Hibbins. And of course V is the veil of unhappiness (for this is a union God never would bless).

Y-- Look! On his chest! It's the red letter 'A'! Dimmesdale's the sinner, he's ready to pay!

Oh yes. So much Hawthorne-mocking goodness, all in a scant 26 letters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home