Monday, March 24, 2003

Tonight only, we bring you . . .
All Night Spanish Paper Writing: A Case Study


Often when I'm up for well past 24 hours I feel as though I should have a transcript of what I've been saying, my thoughts get so goofy. I've tried to convince Jake that he should perform experiments on me the afternoon after an all-nighter, but so far no luck (either that or I haven't noticed whatever he's tried). So for my own purposes and your amusement, tonight I bring you the progress of a Spanish paper, begun soon after the Oscars finished. Some background on my recent sleep patterns: Thursday night, 7 hours. Friday, 1 hour nap, then up 'til 1-ish. Saturday I slept until near 2, maybe later, then stayed up until 3:30. Last night I slept about 8 hours, got up sometime after noon. No further sleep today, but I did do a lot of lazing around in Jake's room watching basketball (yes, really) and Oscars stuff.

Guess that about sums it up... and I've got a paper to write, even if it doesn't. But check back for further updates . . . I'll keep posting until I get some real sleep again.

12:53AM
Laura: ¡tengo un tésis! ¡tengo un tésis!
Jake: Which is?
Laura: Los escritos del Inca Garcialaso pone la objectividad del historiador contra la subjectividad de su misión: de reinterpretar las crónicas de los Incas y su conquista para describir al Imperio Incaico en la luz de sus experiencias y conocimiento de la cultura occidental.
Jake: in English
Laura: In Garcialaso's writings, historical objectivity comes in contrast with the subjectiveness of his mission: to reinterpret the chronicles of the Incans and their subsequent conquest, describing them in the light of his experience with Western culture.

1:15AM
Ordered wings and Old Bay fries. Eating them while listening to Mexican rock and going through some biography material on el Inca Garcialaso de la Vega. Find myself talking to the computer in Spanish. Yawning a bit. Could be a long night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home