Saturday, March 29, 2003

You all are going to think I'm such a dork

when I tell you that Jake and I are in the midst an argument, and then tell you that what started it was his continuing refusal to reveal the meaning of his AIM profile from nearly three months ago. (The one that read "Maybe Bru 5 is Jackie Chan.") But it's true. I'd begun to be resolved to the idea of not finding out its meaning for a long time, but last night we were at Will's and Jake reminded him not to cave in and give me the profile. Which is normal, but this time when Will protested that he could maybe just give me a hint, Jake was like "No, I want to wait until summer. Because I want to make sure I'm not anywhere around when she finds out."


Opening volley, noted. Counterattack one: I get miffed and start ignoring Jake. Will takes my side. (Woot.) But after about an hour, I begin to feel kind of bad, and Jake looks all sad and cute, so I quit it. Somewhat back to the usual routine, I watch some Zelda-playing until about one, when we finally leave and go back home, tell each other goodnight, etc. And all appears back to normal until about twenty minutes later when I get an IM from Jake, telling me that he has a new profile.

You wouldn't dare, I say.

In response, he pastes the profile into the IM window.

I close the window, and inform him I've done so and will continue to do so. And then I hit upon a brilliant plan: I will continue to ignore all his AIM profiles until he explains the Bru 5 one. His offers to up the date of revelation of that profile in return for my reading this one go ignored, and as he continues to try to paste pieces of the profile into the window, I stick up an away message and go to bed.

And then call his room about 10 minutes later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home