Monday, April 14, 2003

First Things First: Yes, The Shrimp & Grits Were Mixed Together.

It was actually pretty good, although once I ate the shrimp, the remaining grits by themselves began to get a bit boring, I must admit. Not so much as the corn pudding (which was good, but in the end, just a pudding of creamed corn), but still not something I could eat regularly at breakfast. Maybe next time I'm at a Waffle House, though.

I could talk about the golf here, and maybe I will more at some point. In the end, we came to the conclusion that the tie between Mattiace and Weir (won by Weir on a tiebreaker on 10 with a bogie) was exciting but also kind of pathetic. But I very much enjoyed myself out with Jake on six and sixteen today. Perfect weather, good vantage points, great company. I will miss Jake and his ability to lecture on any number of topics. I like having people around who can teach me things; it's part of why I enjoy playing quiz bowl so much. I can only hope to find a friend or two half as interesting next year.

Sigh. I feel that I've been very good, in most respects, in not getting "all mushy," as Jake is fond of putting it. (I contend that Lauras do not get "mushy," or at least if they do, they dislike themselves the more for it.) But with lots of people asking him about Japan, it hit harder than it had before, I guess, though I hide these things well. Of course, now I'm posting this on the blog, where Jake will be the first to read it. And then he'll no doubt question me about it tomorrow, even if I'm predicting that he's going to ask me about it here on the blog. I could answer preemptively, say that it's all fine, really, don't worry about it, but it wouldn't change anything. Hmm. Dunno why I'm not deleting this, then. Maybe I'm getting all mushy. Bah. Bah, I say!

Anyhow. Jen just greeted me with a hyperactive tiger pounce. Fun. Seems the UTC people (Charlie and friends, I can only assume) said good things about us in Boston this weekend. I wish I could've been there seeing the DDR bonus and in Augusta watching the tiebreaker round at the same time. Ah well. I'll see Jen soon enough. And trash players, too, I suppose. But trash players playing DDR... well, I guess you just can't have everything, can you?

It's 1:30, and I've done little of value since I've gotten back home, and I have an organic test on Tuesday night. I should just call it quits and go to bed now, and begin panic (and studying) as early as possible tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home