It's Always A Little Strange
when I find my words in other places. Tina's profile at the moment reads "a sieve of finely powdered coherency," and it took me a moment, looking at it, to realize that I wrote that. (Then again, I was a little tired, wasn't I?) And Jen's blog continues to feature our random IM dialogues; I'd suspect she's stopped talking to anyone else except that I know it not to be true, so I'm forced to think that I'm just eminently quotable.
Or something like that.
It's not quite midnight, and I've gone to practice and then to trivia and am back here ready to start work. It strikes me that I really do have a lot of work, when it comes down to it. I'm wondering if I should pull another all-nighter? Normally I wouldn't, but I'm free to wreak havoc with my sleeping from now until late Sunday night — Jake and the rest of the Emory quizbowl A-team are off to Los Angeles for NAQT Nationals early tomorrow morning, so I have a weekend of self-enforced isolation scheduled. I'd say this will make me get a lot of work done, except that before Jake went to bed at 7PM he loaned me his Evangelion DVDs and his cd case of burned MST3Ks and various other series that I need to watch. I wish it were Friday night tonight; in that case I'd just start the Eva and quit whenever I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.
As it is, I've got El Burlador de Sevilla to be reading, as well as an online web case study for human physiology that need to get done so that I can start the take-home test handed out in class today. I guess I should appreciate the chance to get this all done; that long lost freshman feeling of it being 1AM, with everyone from Maryland already in bed, making it finally possible to just sit down and read a textbook without being tempted to take a break and talk to someone.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home