There Is Nothing Quite So Pitiful
...as a melted Cadbury creme egg, sent from home. Luckily these were the mini kind; I don't think I could've stood the sight of a full sized one all in a mucky deformed chocolate puddle. As it was, I think I looked pretty dejected opening up my package in the DUC, expecting that the contents within would make up for the cheesiness of the packaging. (I don't know what's going on with my mom, but this time the envelope had little bunnies and bears on it. Combined with what she sent at Valentine's Day, I'm beginning to feel as though my long absence from home has caused her to forget that I don't deal with cutesy things.) But it was with confidence that I opened the package, read that she'd sent Jake and I Easter candy, separated the halves of plastic eggs, to find — Oh, the humanity! All melted.
This afternoon was another errand-running deal, with it taking an hour and a half for us to deposit checks at the bank and get a prescription from Kroger. Both of these places are no more than a mile away from the dorm, but we left slightly after 3:30. You have never seen city traffic until you've seen Atlanta on a week day, about 4:30 in the afternoon. More congested than a cardiac artery pumped full of low-density lipoprotein. (Go ahead. Laugh at my bio dorkitud. It's a good metaphor, dammit!)
Did I mention that I'm going through all of my music files? I've committed to listening to them all in alphabetical order and getting rid of the ones I don't need any more. Have deleted almost two hundred in the past two weeks — which puts me about halfway through at the single Meat Puppets file, with a good 1,457 mp3s still in my collection. Once I get home these will be up for download again through IM, but with the Emory firewall strengthened recently, you'll no longer be able to access them at the T1 speed. Most unfortunate.
I also need to make copies of Jake's Hell cds before I go home. Certain readers of this blog will have the dubious priviledge of hearing those (and maybe the recently-burned anime cd) while riding in my car this summer. You have been warned.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home