Saturday, April 26, 2003

Will Answer Trivia Questions For Marshmallow-Based Snack Food

Quickly, before I go to bed: Though I suppose I bought myself a few more minutes of time thanks to an unintentional two hour nap on Jake's bed while he was playing CivIII after dinner. The music to that, combined with allergies and digestion of dinner, was just soporific. All I had to do was make pillow contact, and I was out in ten minutes. Amazing how that happens.

A good thing I got the sleep, too, because I have to be up at 6AM tomorrow to meet for the drive to Chattanooga at 7:00. Once again, it's UTC's famed Moon Pie Classic, in which we show up to play quizbowl, and they throw moon pies at us. (Yes, you read that right.) Last year we came in third in Div2, I believe, which meant that even though I didn't catch any of the flung snack foods, I still got a nice share of the carton of moon pies Charlie awarded us for our quizbowl play. Yummy.

This year, I'm thinking we'll likely finish second behind the technically division two team of Valencia Community College. Everyone on that team has actually played more than two years, but community colleges get special dispensation, meaning that they're an innocuous-sounding powerhouse, at least for a div2 team. We have a chance of beating them, I guess, but not much of one. Still, it should be a good day for us... our last division two cakewalk before my team of four sophomores graduates from div2 play and has to face off against the big bad graduate students for the rest of our quizbowl careers. And since it's a Charlie tournament, it will be fun, and long, and Jake will be there so that we can be all cute, thereby hopefully protecting me from creepy quizbowl players.

(Mommy, make the creepy quizbowl players go away! They keep pinups with their score sheets, and they're grotesque and scaaaary... )

*Shudder* Banishing that from my mind, now. Thinking happy, sleep-inducing thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home