Fangirl: Hi!!!! ^.^ I'm a friend of Laura's and she told me you're really really into anime and that you're going to Japan to be a teacher. That's like... really really cool
Jake: Tell them I'm shy.
Laura: You may not want me to do that.
Jake: Tell them anyway.
Laura: Okay.
Fangirl: Awwwww... you're shy! That's so kawaii!!!!
Fangirl: I really really like Fushigi Yuugi. I think it's a really really good series. What about you? What's your favorite anime series?
Laura: You're going to kill me, aren't you?
Jake: Oh yes. Yes I am.
Jake: And it appears you did not correct them on the fact that the "me liking Clamp" part was a joke.
Laura: *whistles innocently*
Jake: I think I'll be changing my screen name for a few days.
It wasn't my fault! He was bored! I was threatening to sic raving fangirls on him again, and Reiko just so happened to be around, and so I went and typed up a little thing, you know: Hi Corey! I have this friend named Jake, and his screenname is blah, and he's a huge fan of... um, I forget which series, they all blur together, but it's something CLAMP. Anyhow, he needs people to talk to, between now and when he leaves for Japan in July. To go be a sensei. Won't you please IM him? . . . and then I just sort of accidentally hit send.
Note to self: need to work on my "innocent of all wrongdoing" look.
So . . . yeah. Jake's a tad upset with me right now. But will it be better better or worse, do you think, if I break down and tell him that actually, Corey was tired and going to bed, but the thought of Jake getting plagued by drooling fangirls amused her so much that she passed the job and her screenname over to Becca to do her best flighty fangirl impression?
Heh. Hehheheh. That's the most fun I've had all week.
Anyhow, Jake should be showing up to kill me any minute now, if he's really been driving all night from Augusta, so if anyone has any last things to say to me, you'd better make them quick.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home