Monday, May 19, 2003

I'm Going to Throw This Open For Discussion

Because I've had variants of this conversation so many times recently, and I'm curious as to who's in the majority here. The topic is eating ingredients of various foodstuffs together, or separately. The conversation goes something like this:

Laura: [Teasing Jake with the fact that she has a Cadbury creme egg, and he does not.] Mmmm.
Jake: You know, you're supposed to suck the creme out
Jake: The ingredients are separate.
Laura: You have sacrilegious candy practices, you know that?
Jake: I do not. My rituals are pure.
Laura: Your rituals are strange and unnatural.
Jake: My rituals are blessed and true, infidel!
Laura: The filling can't be eaten separately because it's so rich.
Jake: Nonsense, that's why you eat it separate. If you cut it with the chocolate, it's just icky
Laura: But it's good with the chocolate.
Jake: Sigh. Do you flatten the wrapper foil properly?
Laura: Of course.
Jake: Oh, good, we're in agreement there, at least.

Seriously, though. He eats the chocolate off of ice cream bars before eating the ice cream, and bites all the carmel and outside off of Twix bars to leave just the shortbread, and eats the edges of Pop Tarts before eating the middle . . . I'm going to try to get the comments system up here over the next few days, and hopefully some of you can back me up here. I mean, eating the filling out of a Cadbury egg and then eating the chocolate? That's just wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home