Sunday, May 04, 2003

Remember What the Delta Stands For, Leonardo. Wisdom Composed of Knowledge, Judgement, and Compassion

(Or, "The Previous Post Fit So Nicely Together, I Had To Create A Separate One For Extraneous Thoughts")

Very good movie I've seen in the past 48 hours: X-Men 2. I went along with Jake and Will and Kelly last night, even though all of my X-Men knowledge comes from a few lectures over lunch from Jake, and reading the first 20 pages of Michael Chabon's proposed script for the first X-Men movie, which got rejected. I never saw the first movie, but I can nonetheless attest that this one was quite enjoyable. Quite, quite enjoyable. (Even more enjoyable if you can leave the theatre and bug your boyfriend to do the Evil Southern Villain voice.) ...And then we all went to Waffle House at 3AM and got waffles and grits.

Very bad movie I've seen in the past 48 hours: Quest of the Delta Knights. An MST3K, as so many of the bad movies I've seen lately tend to be. What was interesting about this one was that it started out as just sort of a poorly done kid's movie about Medieval Times, with a young page-boy hero whose father got killed, your typical Ren Fest look, an anachronism here and there, nothing too horrendous. And then... then suddenly, you don't know if you're in England or France or Greece, and it's the 13th century, but hey wait, here's a young guy named Leonardo from the small Italian town of "Vinci," and evil Vikings on horseback, and guards with muskets a la Three Musketeers, and oh dear lord, gypsy princesses and dynamite and Atlantis and Aristotle... noooo!

Weird thing that happened today: I feel like I've asked this before, and maybe I have, but have you ever had a dream with someone in it, and then had that same person wake you up from said dream? It feels really surreal. A good kind of surreal, in this case, but surreal nonetheless.

Cool thing that's happening tomorrow: We're going to Music Midtown! Will got us free tickets to see Gomez, as "friends of the band." Will is my hero.

Sad discovery of the week: Though he'd gone more than a year without mentioning it, at my prompting, Jake reveals that yes, I do walk kind of silly. (Curses! I must really resolve to work on this. Perhaps I should tell Dan he can start mocking me again this summer. Not that you wouldn't anyway, would you, Dan? Whee. Let's continue the parentheticals a little longer. Liiiiitle longer. Wait for it. Waaaait for it. Ok, cut.)

Your link to more of me being random: Más del blog de Jennifer. Donde discutimos ... uh, sobre... la comida del desayuno. Como... como... los "pasteles de pan" y los "waffles" y la tostada Francés. Aquí y ahora, en el mundo estupendo de JenJen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home