Well Hi, World. Mind If I Lash Out at You a Little?
Just got off the phone with Dad. I swear, I should just stop answering phones entirely. You want to call me, send me an IM, and then I'll pick up the phone. Seriously, what difference does it make whether I get up at 8AM to go in and ask about a filing job at 11AM, or if I wake up at 11 to go in at 2? Everybody's still there. The job is either there or it isn't. And I get another three hours of sleep.
I have this... I shouldn't do this, but when he lectures me like this, especially on the phone, I just sit there and wait until he finishes. And then there's this long pause. And I say nothing, because I refuse to change my habits merely because he's annoyed that he has to get up at 6:30, and I sleep a good five hours later if I can. But I don't say this; I just let him wait. He used to win arguments like this, back when I felt obliged to compromise. But I've learned better in the past few years; as far as I'm concerned, he brought up the issue, so it's his job to end it. "That's all I have to say about this topic," my dad says. I say nothing. "But if you don't — " he starts again, then cuts himself off, still trying to provoke a response out of me. "You have no comment on this, do you?" Nope, I say.
Still, my forcing another conflict into a draw wasn't as satisfying as I'd hoped. I'm going up to the Board of Ed. in a few minutes because I need to, and I was going to, but all I'd really like to do is lock the door, curl up in bed, sleep for the next few weeks, and have no one notice.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home