Saturday, June 07, 2003

Been Rather Out of It For the Past Day or So

And I'm not sure why. AIM is acting strangely, with me being kicked on and off at random. Sometimes I see people and message them, and I'm not sure if my messages get through. And then I try to play around with the firewall settings and stuff, and AIM drops out on me again altogether, and it becomes a mute point. I should reset the router ports for my IP address, but I'm tired and not sure where the manual is right now.

I think I may have caught some of my brother's cold thing, really. I'm not feeling bad, just kind of . . . I don't know, listless. Not particularly hungry, sleeping a lot, unwilling to get out of bed if there's no specific need. This morning I woke up at 9AM to find the lights still on, my right hand holding my place in my book and my left hand on the laptop keyboard. Last I could recall, it had been one . . . or maybe three, I wasn't sure. At any rate, I still felt not only tired, but as though I'd been run over by a small truck, so I turned the light off and didn't get up for another seven hours.

Did get my hair cut today, at least. I think it was sheer stubborness that got me out of the house for that — I was determined to get it done before Jake talked me into putting it off again until after I visit him. And I remembered to ask for no hairspray, so now it's all soft and fluffy, and I'm running my fingers through it the way you do almost automatically right after a haircut, when the length still feels all novel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home