Bored, Bored, Bored
There's nothing quite like being in a lousy mood but having to appear outwardly pleasant and cheerful. Mondays in a human resources office make this staggeringly clear. I'm working at one of the secretary's desks, so that I have a computer today. But about six of the keys are somewhat stuck, and it's running MacOS 8.6, which refuses to let me install CarbonLib to make things better, if not acceptable. All internet fonts seem to default to Chicago bold size 16, and the version of Java is so old that nothing works properly. And to add annoyance to bored aggravation, the monitor has taped on it all these pithy Christian sayings, so that any time I start to stare off into space, I'm brought quickly back to reality with a hearty dose of "Faith is knowing that something wonderful might be just around the corner," or "God has a way of turning your hurt into halos, and scars into stars!" Bleh. Stupid work.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home