Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Well, Here I Am Again

Laura, stealth blogger. Managing the Gordian knot of vacancy tangles while trying to stay out of sight so that no one catches on to my ability to answer any and all staffing questions. And blogging, of course.

Work's not so bad, I guess, it's just that it becomes even more boring when compared with a week of hanging out in the mountains with Jake. Which — despite the slow internet connection and Jake's sinuses deciding that vacation week was a good time for migraines — was great, by the way. Although I tend think any week with Jake and without work would win my unquestioning approval, at this point.

I may post more about the last week later on — I actually took a few pictures, and am working on getting them up on the blog. (Yes, actual use of the digital camera. I know, I know.) First I had to organize them all and stick them in photoshop and size them nicely, and then I started looking at the rest of my pictures folder, which needed a full reorganization and purge . . . been doing a lot of that sort of thing, these days. Soon enough, though, I'm going to have my whole hard drive in order, and then what will I do? Certain sources have suggested that I take up regular gaming to fill my hours, which is not a bad idea. But I sometimes lack the motivation to follow through on a 30-some hour game, which is aggravating. (I think this stems from my total lack of gaming experience as a child.) I still have to finish FF6, after all.

Oh well. I guess I'll find something. Or just squander the summer away like I used to — the heck did I do before I had a decent internet connection? (Besides annual readings of LOTR and the like.) If I had a time machine, I'd go back and force my younger self to learn chemistry, or read some real literature, or take up another language, or get really good at origami or something. Or maybe beg for cable tv for a 14th birthday present.

. . . Although the eddies that might cause in the space-time continuum could wreak havoc in the present as we know it, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home