Thursday, September 04, 2003

Fun With Quizbowl

It’s rare that I have impeccably humorous timing, but on occasion I surprise myself. Like reading at practice tonight.

“Your bonus: For the stated number of points, identify these Chinese dynasties. For 10: This dynasty ruled China.” [long dramatic pause, during which everyone stares in incredulity] “ . . . from 618 to 907 A.D.”

Hehe. That was fun. I also enjoyed this exchange:

Steve: “The hell is on your shirt?”
Me: “Huh? Oh, the shirt. It’s an online comic. It’s in Norse. Uh, the shirt. Not the comic.”

Yeah, it’s good to finally have gotten my Köttur Og Stúlka tee. Not that hardly anyone at Emory would recognize Cat and Girl, but I can hope, right? Right. Anyway. Also got into a brief discussion of “The Prisoner” with our newest quizbowl freshman, Solomon, who apparently has the entire series on DVD. Hmm. Dorkitud. This I shall have to look into.

Coming soon, I promise: some brief “updates.” By which I mean, Really Old Stuff I Said I’d Write About.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home