Thursday, September 25, 2003

Get Me Away, I'm Dreaming

I dreamt that I was back at CHS, just visiting. Went to talk to Sr. Ventosa like I often do, but it was during the schoolday, so I thought I might actually be of some use, seeing as I'm fluent in Spanish now. To my surprise, he and Dr. Wieczorek had decided that this year, they were going to teach a class in conversational Welsh. It took me a while to figure this out, though, as when I walked into the room and started talking ("Hola! Que pasa y como estaaas? Estaba en el area hoy y pensaba que pudiera ir al colegio para divertirme, porque soy un dork. Puedo asistir en algo aqui? Eh? Nada? Que?") Jimmy V just smiled at me and continued teaching. He actually had headphones on, too, and an old concert t-shirt. (Wearing pants, though, so the tattoos weren't visible.) Wieczorek took over the class for a few minutes and Ventosa explained, and I thought this was the coolest thing ever and decided to stay and learn Welsh. But they'd not bothered to make the class honors or anything, and so guidance kept sending more and more idiots with scheduling conflicts into the room. As usual, Ventosa's total enthusiasm for teaching people who just didn't care was frustrating as hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home