Monday, September 15, 2003

I Don't Know Why

I'm having such trouble with background noise today. But I've been trying to do work ever since I woke up today (which was actually not that long ago, really), and I still haven't gotten anywhere, and I feel like if my suitemate would just quit watching the tv in the other room, I'd be able to concentrate. It's my tv, too, which makes it particularly annoying. But this is my own problem, I know. Walls are too thin, I guess . . . I have my door closed, but I can still basically hear it all. It'd be nice if she could turn it down, but it's not that loud, and I probably ought to save such requests for more important nights than tonight. Bah.

Anyhow, let's see. Yesterday was the tournament (pictures are up on the fotoblog), which went well except for one major error with playoff seedings. We fixed it, but there was about half an hour of Steve and I running back & forth between Callaway and Geosciences doing damage control while Peter, Christina and everyone else redid all the stats. That was hugely stressful, but it all worked out okay and we finished things up by eight, which was good. Dorman A beat Walton A in a rematch of last year's finals, but this time Dorman just owned the packet. 430-0. Ouch.

After that, I went out to dinner with Steve, Christina, Peter and Solomon, which was fun. Between that and the time spent with the reader core, it was probably the most social I've been this year, which is kind of sad. But it was a good day, and we made lots of money, and the teams liked our questions, and everyone seemed to have a good time. It's a real sense of accomplishment, to have conceived the idea for this event a year and a half ago, and now have pulled it off for the second year in a row. Particularly with the added responsibility of creating the questions this year. When you're hearing tossups you wrote in the final round, it's a very cool feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home