The Most Entertaining Fifteen Minutes of Learnlink EVER
Okay. This one's going to require some background. Hopefully all readers of this blog remember J.T.'s name from previous discussions and the Hell diagram down there. He's the blind guy on the academic team with me, effectively a member of the John Birch Society, one-time attempted founder of a White Student Alliance at Emory, and all around Learnlink flame troll. He's been banned from practically all public forums on Learnlink, the university student server, for at least a year and a half now, but as I've mentioned to some of you, the all-Emory public bulliten board has been recently handed over to a new administrator, an SGA kid who's too big for his britches and has never managed a Learnlink conference in his life. So after three weeks of dealing with this guy modifying posts, silently deleting things and changing topics at random, the Learnlink regulars have taken matters into their own hands...
Message #1, 1:00AM
I can't help but notice that James T. Fetter is still disallowed from Topic of the Week. Is he banned simply because that's how the permissions were set when you arrived? Or do you wish to silence his conservative ideas? Or perhaps you just don't like him because he's blind? None of these seem like valid reasons to keep him banned.
James Fetter is the only person who is disallowed from this conference. Surely this must be a mistake -- don't you think he deserves a second chance? I certainly do. Let's make TOTW a haven for all voices, not just those "approved" by the last moderator.
CR
1:01AM
I agree. James Fetter has always contributed interesting, albeit controversial, posts.
--Rubina
1:02AM
I agree. James will have a lot to contribute to these discussions about institutional financial loss, censorship, beads and such.
Come on, David- reallow The Fetter.
Chris
1:02AM
I think Fetter would be a valuable asset to this conference.
Rhett
1:08AM
Agreed. He's very clever and witty.
--Joe
1:23AM
Er... isn't he banned from several other learnlink conferences as well? I would assume there is some reason for this.
-Diana
1:25AM
There is no reason. It is a typical bias against free speech. And this conference, above all others, should represent that common societal value.
Rhett
1:27AM
Hear, hear. A new year, a new controller, a new start. Restore J.T., my good man, and with all speed!
- Laura
1:29AM
our fearless leader has already turned the necessary switches to set in motion the vehicle of freedom we know as ''The 'Topic of the Week' Conference". someone flash off a telegram to Mr. Fetter to let him know the good news! ;-)
\r
Oh, yes. This'll be fun to watch.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home