Chattanooga, TN is the Center of the Known Universe
Or at least it was yesterday. COTKU is never my favorite tournament, but it does have the best name. Yesterday proved particularly painful as I tried to captain an over-weak Division I B-team of Jason, J.T. and myself against Tulane, two Florida teams, Indiana, UNC, Florida State, USC, Rhodes, Kentucky, Virginia Tech, and our A team. While nearly seeing double after having inhaled too many fumes from the paving of the parking lot outside. Blech. Still, we weren't quite the sacrificial lambs I expected... we beat out UNC and Rhodes, and should've had the games against VT and Florida State. If we'd had a fourth player, or if I hadn't been feeling so ill that I was buzzing in on things like The Buried Mirror and then freezing, thinking This is the book we read for the entire semester in Spanish 300. It's by... that guy. The... the... espejo enterrado... oh the walls are blurry. I forget. we might've been at least moderately competitive.
Highlight of the day: buzzing in with "Radiohead" about ten words into a tossup, at the start of a description of the study with fifth graders I posted on this blog less than two weeks ago.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home