Wednesday, October 08, 2003

"Take 5 or 6 cucumber sandwiches, remove the crusts, and arrange them attractively around the album. Place your turntable in front of your guests. If the sandwiches fly off the turntable, it is set at the wrong speed. In which case you and your guests will be eating much faster than usual."

Now Playing: Kid Koala, "ScratchHappyLand Side 1" (And yes Will, I believe you can take full credit for that.) I can safely say that Charlie Brown has never been this funky.

As if that introduction didn't put you on notice, today's post will be an assortment of stuff, as I just got done catching up with various websites I'd been meaning to get around to checking more regularly. For those who want a more complete picture of my life (or, god help them, that of my brother), I've added Dan and KC's blog-type things to the links list. KC has a rather disturbing post up today about wanting to go to law school to defend the music industry's stance on copyright issues, making me feel more than a little defensive. I almost think people should make a last-ditch effort to convince her to pursue music over law, just to keep her out of the RIAA's clutches. But she'd be a brilliant lawyer, I'm sure, so I sincerely hope she never prosecutes me. (I say, while downloading another British band's songs off of Kazaa and then trashing all the mp3s a few minutes later because their music just doesn't satisfy.)

Also spent some time flipping through more of the blogosphere (Good lord, I've actually picked up that silly term. Damn you, Lileks!), reading hither and yon and following a few links that looked interesting. Somewhere along the line I came across a site devoted to postcards of Disneyland, circa 1968. And so I direct you to the world of Tomorrowland, featuring the ever-popular Carousel of Progress. Ah, the holiday season! A time for family to come together under one roof and share the yuletide joy. Or for the loving couple to sit fifteen feet apart smiling painfully while the family dog gives the camera a beseechingly Frodo-like "get me out of this uncomfortable scene" look.

And on a more serious note, a thought-provoking article on the unresolved questions of September 11th which comes close to raising my conspiracy-theory alarms in a few places *, but which I appreciated for its comprehensiveness.


*(The phrase "Coincidence? What do you think?" will do it every time.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home