Yesterday and Today Have Been Good Days
And maybe the day before, too... I lose track, talking to Jake in Japan as much as I do. He comes online around 8 or 9 at night here, the start of his workday, and we'll talk on and off until I have to go to bed, right as he's getting ready to go home. Then when I wake up, he's just finished with dinner or something, but for me, it's a new day. I can make sense of this if I've had adequate sleep, usually, but if I do what I did a few nights ago and just stay up with some intermittent naps, I get thrown off entirely.
Today's Thursday, which means Hybrid Vigor (the Science and Society club's magazine) meeting at six. I got elected features editor last week, which is kind of cool. Part of my semi-functioning plan to force myself out of holing up in my room all year. Then quizbowl practice after that, and then trivia, and then coming back here to attempt to do work and not get too distracted by the wonders of the internet.
Speaking of which, last night Jake linked me to a ton of 1920s Social Hygiene posters which have encouraged me to evaluate my life here. I pass them on to you, o blog readers. Is your mind diseased? Let's face it: Creative instinct is like fire, and humanity needs your energies wisely directed. Perhaps it's time to re-think your lifestyle. The healthy girl can enjoy her work, and you can, too. You just need to learn to use your mind constructively, eat wholesome food, stand tall, and above all, do not worry.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home