Monday, December 15, 2003

So I Was At The Store The Other Day

Getting a few things (millk, mainly) that I needed for the last week before I quit this town. And I got home and unloaded my bags and found that somehow, a copy of Soap Opera Digest had been slipped in with my groceries. Now, I didn't have that many groceries, so I know it wasn't on the conveyor belt as I was checking out. So was it sitting in the bag to begin with, or did someone slip it in? And if it was slipped in, why? Was this the value-added grocery bonus of the day, or did the person putting my cereal in the bag look at me and think, "Hmm. I bet she needs a copy of Soap Opera Digest." I'm really curious.

I bothered to flip through it a little, and can therefore offer you Laura's Soap Opera Digest Digest, December 2003 edition:

This week on One Life To Live: "Blair finally realizes what half of Llanview already knows: Her "new" hubby, Walker, is actually her former (and MIA) spouse, Todd. She makes the connection on her own," reveals an OLTL insider. Things start clicking for her." Way to go, perceptive soap character #1!

This Week On All My Children: "Edmund takes note of the distinctive ring worn by the nurse caring for Carlos... Juan Pablo lets Greenlee know that he's leaving town and covers his pain as he again insists that he never loved her... Carlos suffers a medical setback; despite Maria's best efforts, she is unable to revive him." Death: On a soap opera, it's just a minor medical setback.

This Week On Days of Our Lives: "Roman and Sami head to the Carver house after Lexie calls and says that Abe has a message for him. Roman is skeptical about the seance, but stays. Abe's ghost appears and, through Celeste, confirms Sami's worst fear: John will kill Marlena. Sami and Roman rush back to the penthouse before Jen can contact Jack." My comments aren't really required here, are they?

This Week On Guiding Light: Alexandra and Eden arrive at the Santos place for a Bad Girl photo shoot. When Alex has to rely on Eden for ideas for the marketing campaign, the former madam manages to talk Alex into cutting her a larger share of the profits. Later, the baroness persuades Tony to pose shirtless with Eden. After he strips, Eden spies a large tattoo on his back. When the two are alone, Tony explains that it's the symbol of destiny -- because they're meant to be together."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home