Thursday, December 25, 2003



You're Invited!

I've been slowly cleaning out my walk-in closet while I'm home, which has been a useful lesson in Keeping Less Crap. Yesterday I went through all my clothes, and I think the various items now in the five grocery bags being sent to Goodwill average about 9 years old each. (Which doesn't sound so bad, I guess, until you think how that means that some of them were shirts I wore before I knew long division.) Anyhow, having finished with the clothing, today I moved to the floor and shelves, where I'm working slowly through old Koosh balls, roller skates, and various art supplies that have seen better days. (Eight year old modeling clay, anyone?) Most of this just gets tossed in the trash bag with nary a thought, but I've decided this most recent find, from the money-grubbing folks at Balfour Incorporated (how 'bout an Iraqi Freedom Ring, soldier? C'mon. All the cool kids are buying one.), is a keeper. Why, I knew there had to be a reason that the smallest graduation announcement packages started at sets of twenty-five! They were just looking out for my future interests.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home