Monday, January 19, 2004


I Don't Sleep, I Dream

So, first I dreamt that Will, Jake and I were would-be heroes in the ending to an MST3K-type film. There wasn't any commentary going on, but the fact that we were trapped in the dead-end of a dungeon facing a Dr. Chaotica-like villain, with Mike Nelson as villainous sidekick. (I would say a Flash Gordon-type villain, but I've never seen any Flash other than stills from the color movie, and we were in black and white here. Besides, how often do I get to make relevant yet obscure Voyager references?) The small bit I remember of plot was as good as any MST3K ending. Which is to say that we were dealing with hilariously futuristic mix-ups thanks to the revolving door in the dungeon of the evil scientist's fortress.

I woke up briefly after that dream, went back to bed, and dreamt I tried to fly to Canada for a short vacation, but didn't have my passport, and had to live in the airport terminal for two days until Dan's sister came and rescued me and a couple other CHS people. When I got back to Emory, Marcus was suing the academic team for always dismissing his predictions that we'll win every tournament we attend. Also, Dave Matthews had had a heart attack and died that weekend, after nearly passing out during "Two-Step" earlier in the week when he was performing at K-Tel. Which meant that he made his last concert appearance in Holt Hall at UT-Chattanooga. We all agreed that if it weren't so sad, that would make a great lead-in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home