I Like Mondays, This Semester
Or at least I like them more than I expected. My schedule on Mondays and Wednesdays goes PE/1 hour break/Japanese/2 hour break/PE, which is very different than what I'm used to. I'm actually rather enjoying it. Woke up this morning at 8, showered, threw on a pair of warm up pants and a t-shirt, left my hair wet and headed to campus. Mornings are aerobic conditioning, my "principles of physical fitness" class, so I spent a few minutes lying on the ground with my eyes closed, obtaining a resting heart rate, then signed away my rights (I had no idea they had waiver forms for intro PE classes now) and ran a mile. Lungs hurt, so after class I headed to Cox for breakfast and soothed them with Krispy Kreme. Which seems counter to the getting in shape idea, but mmm.
After stumbling through Japanese class, back to Cox for lunch. I'm getting rather tired of Cox; I bought sushi today and it was very meh. (But I read in the Wheel that Sushi Avenue has just opened a second location on Decatur Square. Yum. Watashi to Will ni itte, takusan osushi o tabemasu.) Still, the day was saved by Alysia, who related her survival through comps and gave me insider info on the professor I'm thinking about working for this summer. It's really a shame I live a minute's walking distance from her, and haven't seen her hardly at all this year. But we caught up a little, and talked about the Great Off-Campus Housing Search. (Coming soon, to a blog near you!)
Now I'm back in the gym (named Woodruff, just like half the buildings on this campus), waiting around for my women's self defense class to start. It's most amusing. Last week, we learned (1) how to make a fist, (2) how to make a fist with really long nails, (3) how to throw a punch, and (4) how to break a hold and run, run away. Running away seems to be a key component to all the techniques we're learning, in fact. Which is kind of annoying, after being used as practice for all of Jake's martial arts class moves last year. Then again, I have always wanted a good excuse to beat up on sorority girls, so I guess it's not so bad.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home