fluorescent flat caffeine lights
it's furious balancing
(Right eye bloodshot, lack of sleep,
in Japanese, and I can't speak...)
I'm not doing a particularly good job of balancing furiously this week. I finished a first draft of the summer proposal last night at 4AM and sent it off to my potential PI, and then Jake called and listened patiently to my sleepy flailings against life, time, and planets with 24 hour days. I hate always being frustrated, half-asleep, and busy when Jake's around. Or in yesterday's case, frustrated, half-asleep, and preoccupied with throwing my pillow against the wall in a vicious and repetative manner. It's not an accurate depiction of the standard normal deviation of Laura behavior. And though I understand why my sleepy little tantrum might be considered cute, I wish I could be less random and more thoughtful. Or even just be able to answer the "so how was your day?" question without getting confused as to what day it was, and what I'd been doing. Kind of hard when it's 4AM and you've had seven hours of sleep in the past two days, though.
Random thought: Will an Alzheimer's patient keep a blog someday? Or does one now? That might be interesting for all concerned.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home