Here In Tokyo
I am eating digestive biscuits, and Jake is reading manga on the bed. I have decided that I am a fan of Japanese hotels, assuming (as is true in this case) that both bed and room are large enough. Generally good on the amenities end of things. We have the usual shampoo and soap and the like, and then bathrobes, adn then some small bottles labelled things like "Hair Tonic" and "Hair Liquid." (What the difference is, I'm not quite sure, but I'm secretly plotting to experiment on Jake to find out.) Plus a Gideon Bible, and also a copy of the Teachings of Buddha. Also, I just found a tea set hiding in a wooden box over here. Or okay, maybe not hiding. It's rather a large box, really, and sitting in plain view on the window sill. But it had a top on it . . .
Today has felt much like being in Tokyo should, I think. Woke up, went to a noodles/beef bowl place for lunch, got some hot coffee in a can from a convenience store. Went to Akihabara (the electronics district) and wanderee through anime stores and alleys with tiny stalls selling every single little piece you could possibly need to build a computer from scratch in your living room. And then I bought a new camera, a Canon S45. Expect pictures soon, though I'm still getting the hang of it here.
Anyhow, I guess that's enough for now. I'm enjoying myself, as expected. I'd be utterly lost if I didn't have Jake here, though. He's invaluable when it comes to key things like navigating the Tokyo subway system and ordering food, although slightly less helpful when it comes to the things I'm really curious about, such as "What were those people saying?", "Why is that man watering his carpet with a watering can?" or "The heck? That girl on TV just got attacked by people armed with hairdryers?!"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home