Monday, April 05, 2004

Correct Me If I'm Wrong

But the original Nigerian "business partner" scam email didn't actually ask you to transfer $12.5 million dollars of former Liberian president Charles Taylor's own personal money to the United States, did it? As I recall, the old email couched the money as being the product of an unfortunate series of political events that left the owner blameless, but still in exile. In contrast, this one I just rescued out of my Learnlink spam folder informs me that the sealed trunk box of cash I would be delivering is "part of the proceeds from the arms deal between Fmr. President Taylor and Foday Sankoh's Revolutionary United Front (RUF) in 2000." So, like, he'd really be able to find someone else to transfer the money for him, if it weren't for the matter of that pesky United Nations travel-ban and international arrest warrant issued by the Sierra-Leone war crime court. Riiight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home