Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Those Who Mock Reepicheep Shall Fear My Wrath

It occurs to me, as I'm watching this fan music video that I downloaded thinking I was getting a copy of Lorenna McKennitt's "The Mummer's Dance," that if Hayao Miyazaki were ever given a crack at the Narnia series, the result would probably be pretty damn good. About how my six year old self imagined it when trying to tune out the worst of the dogma-as-cute-furry-animals.

Unfortunately, of course, someone else got there first. It appears to be a live-action version (presumably with some serious CG), though I'm slightly encouraged by the fact that the website is directly citing Lewis's text as character descriptions. Still though. While Disney has partnered with Studio Ghibli in the past, I don't so much see them handing over the entire animated rights to a Japanese studio. Which is a shame, really, since Miyazaki's got that children's world/adult world dichotomy down much better than Disney ever has... particularly for anything not set in the present day.

Ah well. So much for that good idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home