Saturday, June 05, 2004

Ugh.

I've just returned from the most excruciating six hours in recent memory. "Ethics training," they called it. What a joke.

I've got nothing against ethics in science, mind, just against flaky professors who want to spend a full two hours comparing the roles and responsibilities of members of a baseball team with members of a laboratory.

Oh god, kill me then.

. . .

In other news, I'm back at Emory for the summer undergraduate research program (henceforth to be referred to as SURE), working in the biochemistry department and living in the KA house on frat row. Or at least, living on frat row until I can move into our apartment on July 21st. The housing's better than I expected it to be, actually... I negotiated my way into a single room, meaning that I'll now officially have never had a roommate in my undergraduate career. (Well, at least not until Jake gets back.)

The summer looks like it's going to go alright, or would have if my hard drive didn't just die earlier this week. I'd forgotten how miserable life is without a computer. I mean, Jake and I actually have to call without knowing whether the other will answer the phone. My life is suddenly so... quaint. And by quaint, I mean mind-numbingly boring.

Ah well. I've got a technician coming sometime next week, apparently, so hopefully things will get back to normal soon. The library's summer hours aren't exactly conducive to my usual computing schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home