I've Always Wanted One of Those Translucent Screens From Minority Report, Myself
It would be fun to have the money to be a serious early adapter. But college student finances just don't mesh real well with cutting-edge gadgetry, alas. So instead of telling you about something totally new and innovative we just bought for the apartment, today's entry shall be a paean to TiVo.
Technically, Jake and I don't even have a TiVo, since right now we're just renting a digital video recorder from Comcast, which, though lacking in navigability and general gadget smarts, still hasn't lost much of the novelty after a month. I mean, the TV has a pause button, for chrissakes. But I'm sure we'll graduate to the real product eventually, particularly considering this announcement that Netflix is set to start letting TiVo subscribers to download movies right into their DVR.
Sweet broadband connection, run softly till I end my song.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home