Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Thought Of The Day (In Outline Form)

I. The smoke point of butter is not something to be trifled with.
A. Trifling with said smoke point can result in some really nasty French toast, if you're ever looking to make some.
(1) Why you'd be doing this, I have no idea.
(2) Still, I'm sure there's some circumstance in which this might be useful.
B. FYI, butter's smoke point is about 300 degrees Farenheit.
(1) That's pretty low, as fats go.
(2) Though of course you could always use clarified butter and gain a few degrees of breathing room, if you're not looking for the results in (A).

II. Why do some people always find it necessary to hold a door for you when you're like ten paces away from the door, forcing you to jog to catch up or feel really guilty if you walk normally?
A. I hate that.
B. You'd think I'd be over this after four years in the South.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Dude, dairy! Dairy and high stove heats do not mix! At least, not well...Of course, it took ruining a saucepan for this lesson to sink in to my skull. But I was young and wanted tomato soup.

Also, if you'd come back north, you wouldn't have to deal with the door thing. Frankly, I much prefer seeing it close right before I get there and having to open it again over owing a stranger some kind of nebulous courtesy. *shudder*

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn those nebulous courtesies.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Perhaps I meant "vaguely defined" (which I keep reading as "vaginally defined" even though I'm the one who wrote it like ten seconds ago maybe this means I need to go to bed). But even if that's the case you'll never get it out of me.

Okay.

I give up. I said it that way because I thought it sounded cool.

*sob*

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I liked it. I didn't mean to snark. I was actually just looking for an excuse to use the term "nebulous courtesies" because I thought it was a good descriptor. (I think it would make a good blog name, actually, but I think that about a lot of things.)"Vaguely defined" just doesn't have the same punch.

>(which I keep reading as "vaginally defined" even though I'm the one who wrote it like ten seconds ago maybe this means I need to go to bed)

teehee. : )

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home