First Real Disappointment
On the job front. I'd made it from an applicant pool of sixty to being one of seven people interviewed for my first-choice research specialist position this past week. It's frustrating; I was prepared for not getting the job, but not for the reasoning my would-be employer cited. Apparently he had some issues with my affinity for the Atlanta area, a discussion Jake and I have also been having fairly often recently. I didn't want to bring relationship stuff into a job interview at all, but he cornered me on it and started asking why I couldn't go to Harvard and make Jake move. Of course I had to politely dodge the issue, because Jake's job is still under wraps for a bit yet. I get an email back yesterday saying he offered the position to someone else in part because while I was "otherwise qualified . . . our disagreement on this matter may indicate more fundamental differences in philosophy." Aaaargh.

1 Comments:
Oh my god. That sucks. Royally. It's bad enough not getting a job because someone thinks you don't deserve it, but to be denied just because of something dumb like that? I mean...I'm not even really sure what the issue is.
*whacks him with a clue-by-four*
Post a Comment
<< Home