Tuesday, June 14, 2005

[Muffled Scream]

Oh, man. I have spent all day troubleshooting electrophoresis gels. I think I've gotten the number of things I was doing wrong down from five to a much smaller number, hopefully zero. But it only takes an hour at most to set one of these things up, run it, and take a picture, and I've been here since 9:30 this morning doing the same damn thing over and over again.

I've got my last one sitting at 130 volts for another 15 minutes. If this one doesn't work, I have no friggin' clue what I'm doing wrong. And it's not like they're that difficult a technique to master, either. I've been running gels since junior year of high school, for chrissakes.

Oh, well. Moment of truth approaching, so I'd better go put my gloves back on. And either way, I'm going home after this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home