Some Days Are Weirder Than Others
This was today.
R (the boss): Oh, Laura. Would you be available around 7PM tomorrow?
Me: I think so, yeah. What've we got cooking?
R: Well, I just got back from a meeting with some people at the Robot Core Facility; they're going to help us out with an assay or two.
Me: *blink*
R: So, I set up a schedule with them to do some pilot runs, just to check the noise levels. They only problem is that they don't have an incubator for us to use yet, so we're going to have to do some running back and forth from here to Dental School.
Me: ...Okay, I think I can do that.
R: Or rather, they have an incubator, it's just that it's the one that's run by the robot, and apparently the robot doesn't like it if you just open things up and plop samples in on a whim.
Me: Naturally, naturally. Don't want to disturb the robot.
R: So I just wanted to be sure that you'd be available to meet everyone there--
Me: .-- and the robot?
R: Right, and the robot. So, yeah. Tomorrow at seven.
Me: Right, then. Got it.
R: Super.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home