Today Is My Last Day of Work
I have told everyone at work that I am leaving in a week, which is patently untrue, but cuts down on the "well, could you maybe just stay a little longer and finish developing this assay, if you're not going to be leaving until July 17th anyway?" that I suspect would inevitably happen otherwise. So I hope I do not run into my boss in July. I probably won't.
Working for a year hasn't been half bad. I've got two or three publications sitting in the que, one of which I'll get first authorship. I've got a really fantastic graduate program lined up. I've learned a lot about viruses and antiviral development, which I hadn't even really considered as a research prospect before. And (the past week or two to the contrary) I think I've actually developed a fairly disciplined scientific work ethic, which should make adjusting to grad school a lot easier than if I'd just gone straight out of college.
The only thing I'll really have to get used to is studying again. Well, and not having Jake around. And paying $1400 a month in rent. Friggin' California.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home