Sunday, July 30, 2006

Pictures


Dickson, TN was rumored to have both an emu and a llama farm, according to the hotel's area guide. I found neither, but I did find this picture of a bear smoking a cigar.

Memphis! Downtown Memphis was very likeable, if still under renovation. Lots of old buildings with new bars/sushi restaurants/art galleries going up in them.We ate lunch at a meat & three. My last taste of real biscuits before heading West.
West of Memphis is the Mississippi. You can't actually see it in this picture, really, but you can see the sign, so that has to count for something.

On the other side was Little Rock, where it was 102 degrees. 102 was nothing, though, compared to Oklahoma City. It was 112 there. I don't have any pictures of Oklahoma at all, because I am trying to wipe it from my memory. Oklahoma is officially my least favorite state now. Worst roads, worst meal (seriously, Oklahoma, how do you screw up a side of steamed carrots and broccoli?), worst scenery, worst temperatures. There is no love lost between us.
Things picked up again in Amarillo, TX. We just stopped for lunch, and were walking down the street when the white truck pictured above passed us on the road. It parked nearby.
Why yes, those are roadkill mounted to a truck.
Much of Texas looked like this..
As we drove into New Mexico, boring roads were punctuated by fantastic vistas of windswept mesas, as well as sculptures of roadside dinosaurs devouring cavemen.
I liked these clouds.
Obligatory Grand Canyon pictures.

Where the low-hanging clouds are above, there was actually a massive lightning storm going on. I wasn't fast enough to get a picture with bolts of electricity, sadly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home