Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Beer Geek Notes
mostly for myself

Recently Imbibed:
Chimay (Grande Reserve) Blue - Better than Chimay Reddish-Brownish label, which reminds me more of a muddier-tasting Duvel or something. Clean, sharp, malty, fair bit of carbonation. I like this a lot.
Stone Levitation Ale - Not a macrobrew, but nothing special in my opinion, which was disappointing.
Ayinger Celebrator - Dark and malty, but I still just don't get why people think this is an amazing beer. It doesn't do as much for me as I expected. Should keep it in mind for recommending to people who like Guiness, though.
Anchor Steam Christmas Ale, 2006 - Dark malt, creamy and a little tangy, but kind of thin on the alcohol, almost. Putting a few of these up for a year to see how they change.

New Breweries To Try (Local)
Alesmith (several)
Stone Brewing (Arrogant Bastard Ale)
Russian River Brewing (several)
Craftsman (several)
North Coast (well, more besides just PranQster)
Bear Republic (Hop Rod Rye, esp.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home