Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Pizza, Round 2



This was the second half of the dough, "manhandled" a bit more as per some advice from a post I put up on my guild forums, and consultation of Alton's pizza episode. Technically, a much more sound pie formation.... I got it very thin, and mostly round, and I was proud of that. Unfortunately, this dough doesn't seem to work for thin crust so well. What was good but somewhat doughy in yesterday's incarnation turned into a flatbreadish base. Thin crust pizza doesn't need to be greasy on the bottom, per se, but it does need to not be dry and brittle like this was. The pizza experiment will continue, I guess.
Also, I had a raid time to make, so I didn't saute the peppers and pancetta this time. Not quite as good, but an acceptable shortcut if necessary.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, manhandled or not you still make me hungry

4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home